Saturday, January 5, 2008

My Family

Well I'm new to this whole blogging thing, my friend Heather told me I should do it, so I'm trying it. I actually already stinking wrote a blog earlier today and it wouldn't go through because I put exclamation marks, and then it just deleted. Grr. Anyway, my name is Stephanie, I grew up and graduated in Moore, OK. I went to the University of Oklahoma for a semester... then moved to Texas to go to college. Which is where I met my husband of 2 years, Garrett. I am a full time student at HCC, for now. I eventually wanna get my master's and at least for this week I wanna be a PA. No matter what I know I wanna do something in the medical field, but I do NOT wanna be a nurse. I am going to go ahead and take as many classes at HCC as I can just because it's so much cheaper. I just stopped working at the hospital, and really need to find a part time job but I think it's going to be really hard because my husband is about to deploy. He is in the U.S. Army and is one of the best soldiers and NCO's that I know. The fact that he is such a great soldier is part of the reason I am so attracted to him. He leaves in Feb. 08' for Afghanistan, for 15 months. Man that sucks... Anyway the main reason I think it will be hard is because I don't want someone else raising my child. Don't get me wrong, I have the best baby sitter in the world, but I wanna teach her her letters and colors. We are about to start potty training today, yay... McKaillyn Grace is her name, she will be 20 months Jan of 08', that's so weird to say 08'. Anyway she is amazing, she is already talking so much, and she is getting so big. I think she is the reason I was put on this earth. We have also been trying to get pregnant since September, and we have two months left, so we'll see what happens. Hopefully it happens, I would really like my kids to only be 3 years apart, if we wait til he gets back they will be almost 4 years apart. And hopefully it's a boy so I can be done, lol.

Well I have made a lot of great friends here, but I will always miss my family and friends back home. My best friend back home, Alyssa finally met a great guy, Matt. I am so glad, she deserves the best. I know she is so confused about what to do with the rest of her life, but hey, aren't we all, if anyone has any idea as to how to make that decision let me in... My other best friend, Josh is getting married to a great girl too, Becca. I'm so excited I'm going to be a bridesmaid. They deserve each other, I remember him always telling me he'd never meet anyone, but 2 months later he met the love of his life. It's amazing. And all of my friends here are going through the same thing I am , the stress of the guys leaving. Garrett is leaving in a month and I'm gonna do it all by myself for 15 months, I know we have a strong relationship but not seeing someone for over a year is hard. I love him and he is worth the wait it's just hard right now, because I feel like we don't get to spend much time together and we need to cherish every second, because although we don't like to say it, there is NO guarantee that they are all coming back. But our life isn't complete without him, so he has to come back, I think he knows that though.

Anyway I think that's enough for today, I'm gonna go play with my daughter some more. Write more later.

1 comment:

Heather Brown said...

Yeah I am so glad you joined the blogging world!! You will love it for when Garrett is deployed... It will be a good way to keep in touch. Im gonna teach Jason how to do it before he leaves!!